Community Nursing & Support Program
The Community Nursing and Support Program provides high standard nursing care to people in their own homes and other community settings, enabling them to maintain quality of life.
Skilled clinicians, including registered nurses, occupational therapists and case managers provide care and family support. They work closely with your medical practitioner, hospital, allied health professionals and local council services.
The Community Nursing and Support Program can assist with:
- Comprehensive assessment and care planning and advice
- Wound assessment and management
- Palliative Care
- Continence assessment and advice
- Personal hygiene assessment and assistance
- Hospital in the Home and Post Acute Care Programs
- Stoma care and advice
- Diabetic management and advice
- Medication management
- Referral to other services or agencies as appropriate
Hours And Referrals
Anyone can make a referral for themselves, a family member or friend. Referrals can be made by a GP, allied health professional or hospital.
Hours of service: 8.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
A weekend service operates for eligible clients. A limited service is available after hours and public holidays.
For emergencies phone 000
Non-urgent messages can be left after hours on: Ph: (03) 52 580 841. This phone is checked regularly between 8.00am – 4.30pm, 7 days per week (including public holidays).